Food and wine
The Venetian Dolomites and the Pusteria Valley are the meeting point of several culinary traditions – Mittel European, Northern Italian and Alpine – offering everything from gulasch soups to venison with polenta, canederli/knödel to gnocchi, risotto and home-made pasta, apple strudel to panna cotta.
Exclusive Michelin Starred restaurants in Cortina serving individual variants of traditional dishes; family-run trattorias and farm-houses offering homemade food; mountain refuges and dairies filling you up with hearty walking fare – there’s something for everyone here.
The Venetian Dolomites is not a wine producing area but many neighbouring areas are. The renowned Prosecco sparkling wine zone is just round the corner and both the acclaimed South Tyrolean wine district with its prestigious aromatic whites and fruity reds and the exclusive Valpolicella red wine area are very close by.
- Drive to the Prosecco vineyards for a half day walk with views of the foothills of the Dolomites and taste some of the still and sparkling wines produced in the area (4 hours plus tasting).
- A half day walk on high Dolomite pastures followed by lunch and a tasting in one of the wonderful mountain dairies which still produce their own cheeses, meats and ice creams (4 hours plus lunch and tasting).
- A cooking demonstration showing you how to make some of the area's unique specialities in a local mountain dairy (groups only).
- A trip to Bressanone for a 2 hour vineyard walk and a tasting of the Tyrol's interesting and unusual wines at the abbey which still makes them.
Pick and mix
Make up your ideal walking holiday by choosing a range of walks from the pick and mix list on the right or tell us your interests and preferences and let us put a trip together for you or choose from one of our trips bookable through our London agents.
- Choose one of our new trips bookable through our London agents;
- choose a tailor-made guided trip – tell us how many days you want to walk and what your walking preferences and interests are and we’ll put together a walking holiday for you – walking from hotel to hotel or day walks from one or more hotels. You don’t need to be a large group – we can put something together even for groups of 4;
- choose a self-guided walk – decide how long you want to come for and which walks you’d like to do from the options listed below and we’ll put a tour together for you. If you choose self-guided we’ll provide walking notes, personalised advice, accommodation support and baggage transfers;
- go for a combination of guided and self-guided walks or select one or more walks as part of an independent walking holiday.
Dolomite Treks - Who we areTESTIMONIALS
Isabelle Johnson has 15 years experience in creating, organising and leading small group walking holidays in Italy both for a top UK walking holiday company and independently. As an Oxford history graduate she has a special interest in the history of the Dolomites in general and of the First World War Dolomite Front in particular. She also has a passion for alpine flowers and has lived in the Dolomites for fifteen years.
Via Giau, 3 - 32040 Valle di Cadore (BL)
p.iva 0105 8020254 - c.f. JHNSLL67P48Z114I
Anna Vecellio del Monego
Born and raised in the area, Anna Vecellio del Monego knows the Dolomites, its footpaths and its hotels and restaurants intimately. She has wide ranging experience in organising and leading small group walking holidays with a top UK company and after many years working in hospitality and tourism in general she is now a really passionate holiday organiser 'insider'. A graduate of Verona University in languages and Tourism Management she has travelled and walked all over the world. She is currently a busy Deputy Mayor, looking after her home town. She is a certified Middle Mountain Guide of the Veneto Alpine Guide Association.
Via Valle Ansiei, 51 - 32041 Auronzo di Cadore (BL)
P.IVA partita iva: 01140950252 - c.f. VCLNNA79M46A501V
Dolomite Treks offers advice, local knowledge and expertise born of many years working in the field. Anna and Isabelle are not Alpine guides and any walking activities are entirely at your own risk.
Anna and Isabelle are freelance tour managers working through FUNActive Tours Travel Agency - Bahnhofstrasse 3, 39034 Toblach (BZ) - Via Stazione 3, 39034 Dobbiaco (BZ) - Tel. +39 0474 771210 - email@example.com - www.funactive.info - Funactive Tours GmbH | Srl - Von-Kurz-Strasse 25, 39039 Niederdorf (BZ) - Via Von Kurz 25, 39039 Villabassa (BZ) - VAT No. IT02622710214 and use the Dolomite Treks name and site for visibility purposes.