- "In Anna and Isabelle, we couldn't have found a better tour manager and a better tour leader. Everything was carefully organized and executed to perfection. Both exude the best of youth, great enthusiasm for their work and grace under pressure - like swans on a lake. They care about what they do and they care about who they are taking around to show what the Dolomites has to offer. And the Dolomites does have a lot to offer, even the mountains alone impress with their infinite variety as the light effects a change of colours from one hour to the next, not to mention the wonderful lakes and the rich flora. It was a dream holiday for all of us in our group of ten, and we definitely want to come back for more!"
T.L.Tsim, Hong Kong
- "Isabelle organised a 7 day hiking tour for our group of twelve in the Dolomites in 2010. Our requirements were that we wanted to enjoy the best this fabulous region had to offer---the best day hiking, the best accommodation and the best food. While our expectations were high they were exceeded on every point. Isabelle realised people had different levels of fitness and ability and immediately modified the hiking program to provide two options every day and it all worked perfectly. She had even taken the time to walk most of the tracks before our tour to ensure everything was spot on. Isabelle is an outstanding guide. She knows this part of the world intimately and provided a great deal of historical and natural background info which really did add an extra dimension to our trip. She is an excellent organiser. I am delighted to recommend her to any group planning a similar excursion in this breathtakingly beautiful area."
John Carter, Melbourne, Australia
- “Anna made our walking holiday a joy from start to finish. She was a mine of information about Italian food and particularly interested in Italian wines. The selections she made for us at each meal were always interesting and varied. She cooked for us at lunchtime and prepared and presented food beautifully and seemingly effortlessly. She dealt with all our personal concerns with great kindness and handled all the holiday administration efficiently and with authority. She was also well informed and cultured on many subjects. We were always glad to sit next to her at dinner. When the holiday came to an end we felt we were saying goodbye to a friend."
Helen Hastings, Cornwall, UK
- "Walking in the Dolomites in early July was heaven on earth...carpets of wildflowers everywhere and spectacular scenery. The trails are well maintained and marked with excellent signposts at intersections so it is pretty easy to find your way. And perhaps best of all, you can access this amazing area via a variety of ski lifts so you are spared the arduous uphills, important when you are 70 as I was when I hiked here. The base area towns and villages are filled with scenic and culinary delights. The arrangements for lodging and meals Anna made for us were all exceptional. You can't go wrong with her insider knowledge of the area. I'd like to return with my children and grandchildren."
Sigrid Freese, Denver, USA
- "Isabelle Johnson is a professional guide whose attention to detail is impressive. Her knowledge of history - particularly WW1 - is extensive and she makes a point of visiting every place or hostelry before she takes you there. She is an expert driver and has those essential qualities that the good guide needs - detailed knowledge of local history and terrain,patience, flexibility, cheerfulness and friendliness. If weather intervenes to scupper the best laid plans she will always have a contingency in place. Our group of WW1 tourists found her expertise invaluable, particularly that relating to WW1 conditions in the mountains and at Caporetto, and found her a congenial host as well."
Nicky Bird, Battlefield Tours, London www.birdbattlefieldtours.com
Dolomite Treks - Who we areTESTIMONIALS
Isabelle Johnson has 15 years experience in creating, organising and leading small group walking holidays in Italy both for a top UK walking holiday company and independently. As an Oxford history graduate she has a special interest in the history of the Dolomites in general and of the First World War Dolomite Front in particular. She also has a passion for alpine flowers and has lived in the Dolomites for fifteen years.
Via Giau, 3 - 32040 Valle di Cadore (BL)
p.iva 0105 8020254 - c.f. JHNSLL67P48Z114I
Anna Vecellio del Monego
Born and raised in the area, Anna Vecellio del Monego knows the Dolomites, its footpaths and its hotels and restaurants intimately. She has wide ranging experience in organising and leading small group walking holidays with a top UK company and after many years working in hospitality and tourism in general she is now a really passionate holiday organiser 'insider'. A graduate of Verona University in languages and Tourism Management she has travelled and walked all over the world. She is currently a busy Deputy Mayor, looking after her home town. She is a certified Middle Mountain Guide of the Veneto Alpine Guide Association.
Via Valle Ansiei, 51 - 32041 Auronzo di Cadore (BL)
P.IVA partita iva: 01140950252 - c.f. VCLNNA79M46A501V
Dolomite Treks offers advice, local knowledge and expertise born of many years working in the field. Anna and Isabelle are not Alpine guides and any walking activities are entirely at your own risk.
Anna and Isabelle are freelance tour managers working through FUNActive Tours Travel Agency - Bahnhofstrasse 3, 39034 Toblach (BZ) - Via Stazione 3, 39034 Dobbiaco (BZ) - Tel. +39 0474 771210 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.funactive.info - Funactive Tours GmbH | Srl - Von-Kurz-Strasse 25, 39039 Niederdorf (BZ) - Via Von Kurz 25, 39039 Villabassa (BZ) - VAT No. IT02622710214 and use the Dolomite Treks name and site for visibility purposes.